Tuesday 1 March 2016

Hemp Heart Nutrition

(First of all I must disclose that I was offered these bars through #SweatPink. In exchange for trying them and writing about it on my blog I will be compensated and I received these bars at no cost).

I was very excited to try these because I love the idea of Hemp. Especially when it is grown right here in Canada and made into something tasty like protein bars!
The Hemp bars come in three flavours. Chocolate, Vanilla and Apple Cinnamon. I was given the Apple Cinnamon and Chocolate to try.

I will admit, that I am not an apple and cinnamon fan. No matter what the product is. (Okay, with the exception of fresh baked apple pie ;).
I felt no different about these bars in this flavour. They were "okay". I think if you are usually a fan of the apple/cinnamon flavour, you will enjoy them. But I will let you be the judge of that.
The chocolate however I found to be quite delicious! Not overly chocolatey and not too sweet.

Both flavours were easy to chew and I quite liked the texture. I thought they might be oily because of the hemp seeds, but I found them pretty good.
The bars were only sampled by myself, and only after workouts so that I could get the extra protein. I found them both filling and satisfying. All three flavours have 10 grams protein and 16 grams of (good) fat. I will definitely be buying more of these bars to have on hand, in both chocolate and vanilla.

If you go to the Manitoba Harvest website, you can find a coupon for $1.00 off to use in store. And if you enter code hhbarlaunch1015 on their website (www.manitobaharvest.com) before March 31, 2016 you will receive 15% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment