Monday 31 March 2014

Yoga Party

Every month we ladies meet for our dress club and the hostess gets to pick the theme. March was my month and when my husband suggested a yoga theme, I thought he was brilliant!
First I decided that I would hire a yoga instructor to come into my home to teach some yoga. After asking just one person for a suggestion, I had an instructor that would provide the music and the poses.
Once I had found Erin to guide us through some yoga, I found a site on Etsy that would provide me with decorations...
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/151706255/yoga-party-printable-collection?ref=shop_home_active_13

Next step was to plan the menu. It seemed like a no brainer to have Indian food, Organic wine and clean eats at a yoga party. So I decided that I would make Clean Chicken Masala and Coconut rice while providing the organic wine. (Costco has a decent selection of organic wines). The other ladies brought salads, salad rolls, Indian ice cream and avocado chocolate pudding. It all came together nicely.
I started the night serving a fruit and veggie infused water. And after yoga I opened the wine. The water was a big hit.
 And was ready with yoga tea from Steeped Tea.
The night was a lot of fun and big hit. I had really great feedback! I will definitely plan another night like this one :)

Oh! And what is a party without party favours!? I had leg warmers for each lady to take home with them. Instead of getting to choose a colour, I taped words to each pair and asked them to pick the word that they were most attracted to.
Our awesome playlist provided by Erin was as follows...

In for the kill- la roux
Finally moving James brown remix- pretty lights
Her brother- avicii
Elegy- tycho
Hey now- London grammar
Fly away- wafefoker
My love is your love- Whitney Houston
Where's the love- Trevor hall
All wash out- Edward sharp and the magnetic zeros
Frog- carbon based lifeforms
Somewhere over the rainbow

Thanks everyone for reading!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment